4.12.2007

This Coming Sunday

I have a busy weekend ahead of me with Ryan and Beth, Matt and Niki coming down. I am doing a lot of work for hula as well, so I don't plan on having much in the way of free time. However! There is an open mic night at the cafe my church owns (it is adjacent to the building) and I think I am going to go, drop a few verses and check out the talent. If anyone is in the LA area, feel free to go. I will be doing 2 pieces, I think: one on graffitti and its influence on pop-culture, and another in response to a poem I heard that said poets are closer to God than the modern clergy. There is no cover or whatever. Just good people edifying others in words, song, etc. Here is a copy of the flier:




The cafe is part of Oasis Christian Center, located one block west of Highland on La Brea. Any questions? Hit me up. This shindig starts at 7p on Sunday.

3 comments:

aziner said...

Highland and La Brea are parallel. Did you mean one block west of Highland on Wilshire? Just wouldn't want anyone getting lost in LA as it's quite easy to do.

Any idea how long the shindig will last?

Keith said...

haha. yes. Highland and Wilshire, on Wilshire. I dont think it will go more than like 3 at hours at most. I would probably plan on maybe 2 hours.

aziner said...

hmm I'd probably miss half of it, I have church til 7:30. perhaps another time. I've never been to Oasis, but I would like to go sometime. It was on my list of places to check out before I found my church.