4.06.2007

The Start of a Season

Baseball is back!!! We (the Yankees) are into our third game of the season and I can already see that it is going to be a tough year. Mussina is pitching today and he has already given up 2 runs in the first innning; he is supposed to be cool under pressure. Then we have Jeter; one of the best players in the league, but he hit a line drive today that got turned into a double play. Petite played yesterday and didn't do as well as expected. At least we got rid of Sheffield.

On the up-side, its really only the first week of the season and there are over 100 more games to get into the swing of things. A-Rod is looking promising and I think Cano will develop his Defensive skills a little more and swing the bat a little harder. Oh, and Matsui is no longer injured, so expect great things there.

Plus, I can always check out my other teams (Angels and Astros, as Matt and Ryan are huge fans, so I'm a fan by association.) Things for the Angels are beginning to look up and the Astros, well, there's always next year. Anyway, I know a lot of folks don't like the Yanks because they have a tendency to buy players -- hopefully they will take stock of Matsuzaka (from Boston) and pick him up when they can to add some depth to their starting pitching rotation. That would burn the Bostonians' blood as well. (Yay!) Only time will tell, though.

On a similar topic, Ryan, Beth, Matt and Niki are coming down and hopefully we can catch an Angels game, a couple of hot dogs, some cotton candy and squeeze in some heckling. The smell of cut lawn is in the air and ballcaps are coming out! Man, I love the Spring.

1 comment:

aziner said...

Oh sad here I thought with all the friends we have in common we might actually become friends too, at least in the blogverse if nothing else, but then I read this post. You're a Yankees fan; I'm a Red Sox fan. Clearly friendship was not meant to be for us. ;) And yes it would REALLY burn my blood if the Yankees stole Matsuzaka.