7.10.2007

A More Commodious Space, Though Now I Have to Flush the Toilet

The new job is working out pretty well; I actually get a cubicle which I can "decorate" however I choose, as opposed to the "Desk in the Round" setting of the old job, which felt a little 3rd grade-ish. As a result, it is a little more commodious (spacious) though there are a couple of drawbacks. They are as follows:

1. We are sort of situated in the hood.
2. The bathroom isn't nearly as nice -- I have to actually push the handle to flush the toilet.
3. No more free soda. :(
4. The "kitchen" also doubles as the supply closet.

We should be moving to a new office on the 8th floor within the next 2 months and renovating a lot, which I am looking forward to. As I said, this is a pretty cool place; thus far, I really like the people and am getting along quite well. When the dust settles, I hope to move up fairly effortlessly.

3 comments:

Pete said...

What do you do?

Keith said...

I work as a copy editor for a media distribution company. I basically proof-read a company's press releases and send them to the media.

aziner said...

if it helps at all, the "kitchen" in my office used to be a bathroom and it's certainly not commodious :P

I am glad your job has started off well :)