9.29.2006

The Power of the Frisbee


Man, if there is any one super-cheap thing I enjoy doing, it's frisbee-golf. I know I sound like a hippee, but it's true. My buddy Jimmy and I tend to get out once a week to the chains and play 9 or 18 holes, depending on time, but I find myself more and more walking through the muddy lawns of parks in Southern California, disc bag against my back, driver in hand. When my younger brother was out here, we went 3 times I think, over a 2 week period and he was really a suprising shot. His long-game sucked -- he hit every tree and obstacle possible, but his short-game was pretty amazing. Now, I think he is going to build a course in the backwoods, country house my dad has in West Virginia. He went home with one of my discs. The above picture is of him on the 10th hole at El Dorado Park in the LBC.

---------------- ---------------- ---------------- ----------------

On an unrealted topic, I got in the spa for the first time since moving and man, was that shit awesome! Also, went dancing with my sister and some of her friends and I couldn't believe the amount of overly large, unattractive women dancing. ew. Anyway, now I am a little sore, unrested and bored at work. Looking forward to the weekend and some intentional writing.

No comments: