5.15.2009

The Siren

She's a complicated soul housed in a complicated frame;
her eyes do a complicated dance in this complicated game -
her hips call to me a chorus in this complicated way
like a siren on the rocks, enticing her simple-minded prey.
With my simple sea-faring skiff newly anchored in the bay,

I’m the dinner for this monster, a simple traveler doomed to pay.
and I see her on the rocks, just as naked as my song –
My heart simply seizes in my throat, but I continue to go along
Her eyes now a simple flame, only passionate and strong
and I tread toward my destruction, my will is dead and gone.

She speaks a complicated word in my simple-minded ear
and grips me with complicated emotion, more than simple-minded fear
My simple clothes come off like skin, I’m shedding complicated years –
This old sailor is devoured, now it’s all become so clear.
She’s my simple love and I’m her complicated tears.

No comments: