1.24.2008

Such an American

We as Americans work more than anyone else on the planet. We are workaholics. I feel like I am beginning to "fit right in" to my own culture -- I have gotten a second job.

On top of my 40 hour a week position at Prime, I am also throwing freight and driving a truck for a courier service at night, M-Thursday. Here is my schedule:

0830am -- Wake up
930 -- Leave for Prime
1030 -- Begin working
0300pm -- lunch!
0700 -- Get off work and drive home
0800 -- Get home; nap until 0820
0830 -- Leave for work
0900 -- Begin working
0330am -- Get off work
0400 -- Go to sleep

All of this to say, please pray for me. I don't want to burn out, but I need to pay bills and make ends meet. I went to my primary boss yesterday and asked for a raise. He is working on it.

2 comments:

aziner said...

I greatly look forward to your raise and when you quit the 2nd job, for your rest and well-being primarily.

I find the formatting of your times somewhat confusing. If you're going for a military time sort of thing the 0000-0900 hours are all AM. Well 1000 & 1100 in there too, but the "0's" were my main thing. Anything post meridian should be its ante meridian counterpart plus 1200 all the way up to midnight when it goes back to 0000 again. I feel like you know this, that we've discussed it before, but alas it still looks confusing. Luckily for you I'm smart enough (and know your day well enough) to figure out what you mean. ;)

Anonymous said...

i couldn't operate on those hours amigo!

take it easy bruddah! :)