9.12.2007

The Weird Lady at Work

Her name is Liz. Older. Totally nutters.

Here is only one example of the craziness that is her life:

I am downstairs at the local cafeteria, ordering a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast and she is ahead of me in the line. She orders the breakfast special, sans hash browns and toast. I immediately think "Atkins" and continue in my waiting. This is pretty normal, right?

Then, the guy gives her the total and she loses it! She becomes upset because he did not deduct the price for her unwanted potatoes and bread. She says, "You're not going to give me a discount?" as though that is what happens everywhere. He replies, "Uh. no." and she decides that this isn't worth her time, so she gives him this maniacal sneer, turns on her heels and huffs out, without so much as a good morning to me when she sees me.

Let me ask: when you order your fast food and request no onions, no tomato, etc., do you expect the burger to be cheaper? NO! So what's the deal with crazy Liz at work, looking for a discount on her already "special" breakfast? Totally weird.

2 comments:

Joshua Singer said...

I'd like to meet this Liz lady.

aziner said...

wait a minute! all this time my picky eating could/should have been saving me some pennies?!?!?!? Imagine how the discounted prices for all those "no veggies" and "plain" sandwiches could have been adding up! why didn't I think of this?? ;)